VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ListView Control Missing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
david_sexton
3380 Views, 3 Replies

ListView Control Missing

We've gotten new workstations and I'm trying to get some of the older VBA routines to work on them.  One of these routines has a ListView object but for some reason the control is missing.  I've got MSCOMCTL.OCX added to the references, but the ListView control won't show up as an option when I go to "Additional Controls".  Any ideas?

Thanks

Edit: Running 64bit AutoCAD 2015, Windows 7

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

Generally there are some places to download that OCX, one of them is >>>here<<<.

But I'm not sure if they will work with 64bit. There are some discussions about "how to register them on 64bit systems".

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
norman.yuan
in reply to: david_sexton

MSCOMCTL.OCX (and MSCOMCT2.OCX) is 32-bit COM component and cannot be used with AutoCAD 2014/15 VBA, if the AutoCAD is 64bit. Period.

There is basically no 64-bit alternative. the option you have is either use AutoCAD 2013 or earlier, which uses 32-bit VBA in spite of AutoCAD itself could be 64 bit; or use the VBA built-in listbox (you can make it multipe columns) to replace the listview, it is ugly, but could save your VBA code in 64-bit VBA.

If your VBA project uses a lot UI controls and they are critical to the app, the lack of 64-bit COM components in 64-VBA environment could just kill yoru VBA project, or make further investment of effort to the VBA code less meaningful, and you may have to consider port the VBA code into .NET API app sooner than later.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
david_sexton
in reply to: norman.yuan

Thanks for the replies.  We had 64-bit 2013 running previously, so I thought it should work - the joys of upgrading!  I'm going to put in a ListBox as suggested until I can rewrite it in .NET.

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost