VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

layer isolate leaves object from other layers

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
391 Views, 2 Replies

layer isolate leaves object from other layers

I am curious. I have an app that places objects on specific layers. Example:  lines go on the"Lines" layer and nodes(blocks) on the "Nodes" layer. When I look at the proporties of the objects they are on the correct layers and the app treats them as intended, however when using  the Layer Isolate Command the lines and nodes stay on the screen and the other drawing objects are hidden. The app does have a function that determines if which Nodes and Lines are "connected".

Suggestions as to what might happening here?

Thanks

Mike

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I forgot to post that this happens when picking the pipes layer to isolate just the line objects the nodes remain. when picking the nodes layer the nodes disappear and other objects on other layers are isolated. this only happens with objects that the app interacts with

Thanks again

Mike

Message 3 of 3
cwilkes
in reply to: Anonymous

My guess is that the objects INSIDE of your block are on a layer that doesn't get turned off. Let's say you drew your object in a LineWork layer, created the block, then put the overall block on 0 layer while leaving the block's objects (lines, arcs, etc.) on the LineWork layer. If you turn off the 0 layer, the LineWork objects inside the block will still be shown. Try changing the layer of the objects inside of your block, then turn off the layer and see if that works.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost