VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extract embeded VBA project

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
cadhelp
514 Views, 4 Replies

Extract embeded VBA project

Is there is a way to extract embeded VBA project using lisp or vba? 

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: cadhelp

Hi,

except of the form-controls you can copy&paste the code .... 😉 ... maybe not the besst guess, to have other ideas or tips it would be great to know what you like to do? Just extract code to get an ascii-file does not make anything working.

If you want to get the code in VB6 running or you want to port to dotNET or you'd like to ....? Let's know 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
cadhelp
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

It is possible to embed (attach permanently) VBA project to Autocad file. See VBAMAN

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2010/ENU/AutoCAD%202010%20User%20Documentation/index.html?url=WS1a91938...

I have received such files(100's) from consultant and trying to EXTRACT (aka detach) VBA project not one by one, but all together.

The fanny part is that project is empty and consultant insist that that the did not embedded in the first place

Background

14 years of VBA/VB

20 years of Lisp/Vlisp

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: cadhelp

Hi,

>> The fanny part is that project is empty

What do you need to extract if it's empty? I could not imagine that the words "extract" and "detach" do mean the same. If so then sorry, I don't know how to detach an embedded project.

To get the VBA detached I have one idea for you to try: disable the loading of VB-embedded objects in AutoCAD, then open each drawing and do a _WBLOCK with the option "complete drawing".

HTH, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
cadhelp
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks alfred,

Though it did not help me completely, now I can ask the consultant to uncheck Auto Embedding and resave all drawings.

I will mark your post as accepted solution  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost