VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF Viewer embeded in VS 13

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jcar415
404 Views, 2 Replies

DWF Viewer embeded in VS 13

Originally posted this in the wrong forum. Was looking to get some help with this as soon as possible:

I've been having a problem embedding the Autodesk DWF Viewer Control in a Visual Studio form. I've successfully added the control to the toolbox, but everytime I attempt to add the DWF viewer to a form, it partially loads, and then visual studio crashes.

I've followed the appropriate steps in the Autodesk Review API 2013 to embed it, but still haven't managed to get this working.

Can anyone replicate this issue? If so, are there any available fixes to it?

Additionally, for the brief time that I was able to see the control layout (pre-crash), it looked outdated. It appeared similar to the old DWF viewer program before Autodesk Design Review. Is there a newer version of that control available?

Currently, I'm using VS 2013 Express for Web, and Autodesk Design Review 2013

Any assistance with this matter would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
norman.yuan
in reply to: jcar415

Message 3 of 3
jcar415
in reply to: norman.yuan

Thank you for the response.

I've tried these solutions, but haven't been able to prevent it from crashing. Specifically:

- Net Framework change (tried all versions, all failed).

- Changed 64 to x86.

- Build in VS 2008 and import to 2010. It wouldn't build in 2008.

- Tried to locate the aximp file to run. Could not find it on my local machine. 

I've also uninstalled ADR 13, reinstalled ADR 13, installed different versions of ADR (2010 to 2013), and attempted this on 2 other machines. Received the same results.

I am able to run other COMs with no issue, so I assume it's a problem with the ADR COM. 

Let me change my original question to "Has anyone gotten this to run successfully in VS 2013?"

If anyone has gotten it to run, or can help me with this issue, please let me know. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost