VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dll use for VBA

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
177 Views, 6 Replies

dll use for VBA

How do I use a resource dll in a VBA routine? I am trying to retreive bitmaps from this dll and can't find how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Nathan,

The LoadResPicture function loads a bitmap, icon, or cursor file from a resource file.

Hope this is what your looking for.

Regards,

Bob Coward
CADS, Inc

800-366-0946
bcoward@mindspring.com
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

Why are you using a dll?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Well, I have a few routines that have buttons with pictures on them and instead of have a bunch of bitmaps in the directory of the dvb, I'd rather have one dll. "thenrich" wrote in message news:32336692.1084465816238.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Why are you using a dll?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Thank you. "bcoward" wrote in message news:3740565.1084465378266.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum2.autodesk.com... > Nathan, > > The LoadResPicture function loads a bitmap, icon, or cursor file from a resource file. > > Hope this is what your looking for. > > Regards, > > Bob Coward > CADS, Inc > > 800-366-0946 > bcoward@mindspring.com
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Then LoadResPicture is not what you want. That is for loading a bmp into a control on a vb form. You need the other way, to put the bmp's into a dll. Then you just name the dll with the same base name as your menu. Download ResourceHacker here: http://www.afralisp.com/vbaa/vbadll.htm . If you have VB (it requires rc.exe), I made an exe that compiles a folder of bmp's into a dll. -- ---- Ed ---- "Nathan Guill" wrote in message news:40a3c8d6$1_2@newsprd01... Well, I have a few routines that have buttons with pictures on them and instead of have a bunch of bitmaps in the directory of the dvb, I'd rather have one dll. "thenrich" wrote in message news:32336692.1084465816238.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Why are you using a dll?
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I have done that for my menus, but I was under the impression that a VBA dvb did not pull from the menu dll automatically. "Ed Jobe" wrote in message news:40a3cec6_3@newsprd01... Then LoadResPicture is not what you want. That is for loading a bmp into a control on a vb form. You need the other way, to put the bmp's into a dll. Then you just name the dll with the same base name as your menu. Download ResourceHacker here: http://www.afralisp.com/vbaa/vbadll.htm . If you have VB (it requires rc.exe), I made an exe that compiles a folder of bmp's into a dll. -- ---- Ed ---- "Nathan Guill" wrote in message news:40a3c8d6$1_2@newsprd01... Well, I have a few routines that have buttons with pictures on them and instead of have a bunch of bitmaps in the directory of the dvb, I'd rather have one dll. "thenrich" wrote in message news:32336692.1084465816238.JavaMail.javamailuser@localhost... > Why are you using a dll?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost