VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current cursor X,Y and EventHandlers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ChaosInACT
2096 Views, 3 Replies

Current cursor X,Y and EventHandlers

Ok, I'm going nuts.

For some reason, getting the [current] x,y position of the crosshairs seems stupidly difficult! Also, while I can see the event handlers in the object browser, there are a lot and not much input. I'm trying to project different temporary graphics based on where the users mouse is on the screen - I'm happy to do it in increments to make it faster but I've been trying to capture this:

PointMonitorEventHandler 

thinking it would be best, but that seems to fire :

args.Context.LastPoint

only once. and I don't need this to only fire when over an entity so much as for every certian amount of mouse movement (sigh, yes, I'm looking for the onMouseMove event lol)

I'm about to break down and run the whole thing through screen mouse api calls and convert to viewport x,y as I go, but surely someone needed the live x,y of the crosshairs before now?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
norman.yuan
in reply to: ChaosInACT

Without seeing your code, I am not sure what exactly you need.

To get current X/Y coordinates of the moving mouse crosshair within PointMonitor event handler, you use PointMonitorEventArgs.Context.RowPoint, instead of PointMonitorEventArgs.COntext.LastPoint. It is just that simple.

Also, "Visual Basic Customization" forum is traditionally for VBA/COM discussion, while your question is about .NET API (using VB.NET or C#, a .NET language), so there would be better chance for you to get help by posting in .NET forum.

If you search online or the .NET forum for "PointMonitor" you can find quite a few links that might be helpful.

Message 3 of 4
ChaosInACT
in reply to: norman.yuan

"To get current X/Y coordinates of the moving mouse crosshair within PointMonitor event handler, you use PointMonitorEventArgs.Context.RowPoint, instead of PointMonitorEventArgs.COntext.LastPoint. It is just that simple." 

Thanks - that is pretty much it! for some reason I thought that last Point was the last Point. I feel so stupid...

"Also, "Visual Basic Customization" forum is traditionally for VBA/COM discussion, while your question is about .NET API (using VB.NET or C#, a .NET language), so there would be better chance for you to get help by posting in .NET forum"

Cheers, didn't even notice the difference till you pointed it out, I appreciate that!

Message 4 of 4
ChaosInACT
in reply to: norman.yuan

Oh, while I'm sure I've been to the forum you describe, a quick "find" of :

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/Discussions-Page

shows no such page...no doubt how I came here it's:

AutoCAD Customization (481362 Posts)

so...yeah....Smiley Sad

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost