VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

color 0,255,0

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jvanbenschoten
874 Views, 3 Replies

color 0,255,0

Help - I'm working with a company that sends us autocad drawings. When I open their drawing and plot, typically we use a .ctb that changes all the colors to black and adjusts pen widths accordingly. There is one color in the drawings that always shows up. That color is 0,255,0 it appears on the screen as green, but when we plot, we can tell color 0,255,0 to change to black, therefore it always plots green, which is how it appears in model space. I know that there isn't really a color 0,255,0, so how do i trick autocad into always printing it black instead of green, without going through the trouble of calling the company that always sends these files to us, and have them change on their end.

Thanks,

Jeff Van Benschoten
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: jvanbenschoten

Hi Jeff,

The AutoCAD TrueColor range includes all colours from the set

0 to 255, 0 to 255, 0 to 255

Thus 0,255,0 is the TrueColor RGB definition of Green

It is not reasonable to ask a drawing supplier to supply drawings not
containing this colour (the implications would be that you are dictating
that they do not use a standard AutoCAD colour setting method for any
colour - not just 0,255,0), so you need to deal with it at your end.

You could write a small program to check the TrueColor value of the
layers (and objects if needed) and set the TrueColor.ColorIndex to
acGreen. - or some other value with which your ctb file can cope.

Regards,

Laurie Comerford

jvanbenschoten wrote:
> Help - I'm working with a company that sends us autocad drawings. When I open their drawing and plot, typically we use a .ctb that changes all the colors to black and adjusts pen widths accordingly. There is one color in the drawings that always shows up. That color is 0,255,0 it appears on the screen as green, but when we plot, we can tell color 0,255,0 to change to black, therefore it always plots green, which is how it appears in model space. I know that there isn't really a color 0,255,0, so how do i trick autocad into always printing it black instead of green, without going through the trouble of calling the company that always sends these files to us, and have them change on their end.
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jeff Van Benschoten
>
Message 3 of 4
dgorsman

Color "0,255,0" is a TrueColor, and will always print in color regardless of your CTB settings. Change the color of the layer (preferred) or object itself (if absolutely necessary) for it to plot according to the CTB settings.
----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 4
BQ
Explorer

Jeff,
Not sure if modifying color of your drawing file layers is what you want to do... if you so this may help.
This is something I built to help create layers. It can also be used to configure existing layers.

Can be used to configure layer names equal to, ending with, or containing a specific string of text.
It can configure color, visibility, line weight, line type, and flag plotable or not for existing layers.

Sure it could be cleaned up.

BQ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost