VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoSave Problem with BeginSave Event

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
170 Views, 2 Replies

AutoSave Problem with BeginSave Event

I have written a BeginSave event to process some things before every save. It works great except for 1 thing. When the AutoSave function kicks in it does the AutoSave multiple times. Some times 10, 15, or 20 time with the same AutoSave File Name. I think AutoCAD is locked up but in reality it is the AutoSave running multiple times that is causing the problem.
Anyone have any ideas? Do I have to reset some timer to get the AutoSave to function properly. The SAVETIME system variable remains unchanged at 20. Please let me know.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, I don't know if that can help, but in one project I process the BeginSave event, I too have problems with AutoSave. The way I do it is that I "filter" the events by comparing the name of the actual document with the name coming from the argument of BeginSave: If they are the same It is a "regular" save If they are not the same If extension is "SV$" It is AutoSave, forget it If extension is "a$c" CopyClip is involved, forget it Else It is SaveAs Hope it helps. Gilles "thenov" wrote in message news:12918139.1097598030814.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I have written a BeginSave event to process some things before every save. It works great except for 1 thing. When the AutoSave function kicks in it does the AutoSave multiple times. Some times 10, 15, or 20 time with the same AutoSave File Name. I think AutoCAD is locked up but in reality it is the AutoSave running multiple times that is causing the problem. > Anyone have any ideas? Do I have to reset some timer to get the AutoSave to function properly. The SAVETIME system variable remains unchanged at 20. Please let me know.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I solved the problem. I set the SAVETIME variable to ZERO before I process anything in my BeginSave Event. Then when I am done doing things in the BeginSave Event I restore the SAVETIME variable to what it was before my BeginSave Event. It seems to have worked for me. Maybe it will help you.
Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost