VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically detect version of AutoCAD and select correct library

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
wodecro
438 Views, 2 Replies

Automatically detect version of AutoCAD and select correct library

Hi all,

I need to know how i can automate the process of selecting the correct objectlibrary in VBA. I'm using AutoCAD 2013 but the version differs from coworker to coworker, including LT versions (only a warning in that case). Can anyone point me in the right direction or provide some code?

Kind regards

Wouter

Kind regards

Wouter
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: wodecro

LT versions are irrelevant: it doesn't support any automation, including VBA.

I don't think you can easily do it that way with VBA; late-binding doesn't work with everything and makes development more difficult.  Standardizing the releases you use is very important for widespread use of automation and efficient use of time.  It becomes even more important when you start adding verticals and third-pary applications into the mix.  While you work towards that, create version-specific releases and use version-specific search paths to find the correct file.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
wodecro
in reply to: dgorsman

I've tried late binding, but i had to stop because it started to look like a complete rewrite. And at this moment i am rounding up to release so there is little time left. If there are no ways to select an object library according to the acad version, i guess i should be making multiple versions. Thanks for the reply. Might anyone still have a solution though, i am still open for suggestions.

Kind regards

Wouter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost