Visual Basic Customization

Visual Basic Customization

bingwen3952
Message 1 of 3 (475 Views)

AutoLisp vs. VBA, or Script

475 Views, 2 Replies
01-10-2013 10:05 AM

I am about to delevoping the customised product based on AutoCAD core, and wondering which programming to go with. Plesae help.

- What are the pros and cons on each?

- Can they interchange, i.e. can VLisp compile VBA source code to VLX file, or call VBA subroutine?

- Will AutoDesk really be fading VBA away from AutoCAD? I read some post had said yes years ago, but it is still with AutoCAD.

Thanks,

Mentor
stevor
Message 2 of 3 (459 Views)

Re: AutoLisp vs. VBA, or Script

01-11-2013 07:10 AM in reply to: bingwen3952
VBA will fade away as .NET takes over. After NET, Microsoft will do it again. The quickest path to a working program is the Autolisp, then its expansion, Vlisp. Both are 'compilable' to relatively secure forms, although Autodesk may have the key. VBA, and the NET replacement, can do more than the 'lisp' but that need is infrequent, so know the scope of your job. Plus, the lisp has functions to call DLLs and such. Google, it will reveal almost everything.
S
bingwen3952
Message 3 of 3 (455 Views)

Re: AutoLisp vs. VBA, or Script

01-11-2013 08:28 AM in reply to: bingwen3952

Thanks for reply, Stevor. I have read some post in this forum and googled article. I'd like do with LISP.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.