VBA
Discuss AutoCAD ActiveX and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) questions here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'AutoCAD DwgThumbnail Control' (DWGThumbnail.ocx) in VBA

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
sanpo
3842 Views, 6 Replies

'AutoCAD DwgThumbnail Control' (DWGThumbnail.ocx) in VBA

I am using 'AutoCAD DwgThumbnail Control' (DWGThumbnail.ocx) version 2.0.0.0 in one of the VBA forms. It is working fine on XP 32 bit machines.
On a 64 bit machine with OS-7 also it works fine except it gives a security warning ....
"This application is about to initialize ActiveX controls that might be unsafe. If you trust the source of this file click OK and the control will be initialized using current workspace settings"
.... I am not sure whether OS-7 or 64 bit is the reason or something else is. 
Can someone tell what could be the reason and how to get rid of this message as it gives user an uncomfortable feeling.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
igalan
in reply to: sanpo

Have you found what was the cause of this issue?  I am having the same problem on 3 pcs running win7 32 bit.  If I use the control on Excel VBA, it loads find without any messages.  However, in AutoCAD 2010 every time the project or the form is loaded this message appears.  Thanks for any help.

Message 3 of 7
GTVic
in reply to: igalan

You can try adding a registry value:

HIVE=HKEY_CURRENT_USER

KEY="Software\Policies\Microsoft\VBA\Security"

VALUENAME="LoadControlsInForms"

VALUE=1 (DWORD)

Message 4 of 7
igalan
in reply to: GTVic

GTVic.  THANK YOU! I could not thank you enough.  You should know that you have made a lot of people very happy.  We have tried everything, I mean we ran out of options.  It was really frustrating because initially I was convinced that it was a windows 7 security problem. We will celebrate tonight on your honor.

Message 5 of 7
GTVic
in reply to: igalan

No problem, for us it was trying to get VBA macros running with Office 2010 installed. Older versions of Office set this value for you but now I guess it is a security risk :).

Don't forget to click the "Accept as Solution" button on the other post.

Message 6 of 7
igalan
in reply to: GTVic

It is definitely a great solution, but I am using a web browser and I don't see any buttons to do that.

Message 7 of 7
tutul_gis
in reply to: sanpo

Where its Solve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost