Vehicle Tracking Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vehicle Tracking Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vehicle Tracking topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vehicle Tracking reverse vehicle path

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
christinaz
15319 Views, 8 Replies

Vehicle Tracking reverse vehicle path

I recently installed the 30 day trail version of the Autodesk Vehicle Tracking.  I'm tyring it out before we decide to buy it.  I'm working on a project where I have to show that a fire truck can back up and leave the site.  I'm using a WB-40 to simulate the fire truck and I used a predetermined path through our site; however, I can't seem to get it to show the reverse path.  I've worked with AutoTurn in the past and have been able to do it.  Any thoughts?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
kcobabe
in reply to: christinaz

Sounds like you already have your answer, Autoturn?  If it's not broke, don't try to fix it.  Granted a true Autodesk turning application would be nice, but most of us can't wait or spend the time just to find out if a truck will fit or drive down a path.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 3 of 9
christinaz
in reply to: kcobabe

True; however, that doesn't help me since we don't have AutoTurn.  I work for a small company and we typically us truck turning templates.  This software was suggested and I was given the job of testing it out on a project where it was critical to make sure the fire truck could back up without going off the access drive.

Message 4 of 9
K-Mart61

christinaz....you need to create a new path.  I have not been able to figure out how to do this to an existiing path (make edits then reverse the vehicle).  I can grip edit all day long but there does not seem to be a way Reverse an existing path.  Hopefully someone will correct me on this.

See this link    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7huxvvF5-Q    and advance the video to the 16:00 min mark, and in there he shows you how to create a forward path, then back in the vehicle.

Regards, K

Message 5 of 9
christinaz
in reply to: K-Mart61

Perfect!  This answers my question and the video is incredibly helpful.  Thanks!

Message 6 of 9
rudy.delacruz
in reply to: K-Mart61

The link isn´t available

FYI

RD

Message 7 of 9
adamvuhp

Did you find the solution ?

I'm in WTG transportation company so I often calculate the path to long-trailer going the jobsite ( 77m full lenght). But I can't drive trailer backward like I drive this go, please help me

Message 8 of 9
granat1
in reply to: adamvuhp

To move reverse an articulation Vehicule :screen-16.19.52[12.11.2021].pngscreen-16.16.35[12.11.2021].png

On the Vehicule Detail I chose the trailer

on the Front Axis group type , Akerman

Message 9 of 9
joseZ9KZ7

Hi, I am using B-Double from Australian Design Vehicles. But I also have trouble reversing.

How can I fix this?

Below pictures with the details.

Thank you for your time.

joseZ9KZ7_0-1704936829275.png

joseZ9KZ7_3-1704936974646.png

joseZ9KZ7_2-1704936958702.png

joseZ9KZ7_1-1704936943238.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report