Vehicle Tracking Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vehicle Tracking Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vehicle Tracking topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Survey Data Base Gone

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
djocwf54
429 Views, 1 Reply

Survey Data Base Gone

My C Drive but the dust and I lost all my Survey Data Bases. I still have all the dwgs but I am wondering if the survey Database can be recreated with just the dwg. Or is the dwg still good with no Survey Data Base?

Thanks
              dj

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
viji.kumar
in reply to: djocwf54

Hi 

You cannot recreate the survey database from the drawing itself, but the drawing may be good enough to work with. It all depends what was in the survey database and how it was processed (i.e. what has been inserted in the drawing), etc.

If points from the survey have been added from the survey database to the drawing in the past, you will have the points self contained within the drawing. However, you won’t get the observations (the actual measurements, e.g. the distances and angles actually surveyed in the fields).

Furthermore, you may only have lost the reference to the survey database. Please check if the database is still somewhere on your drive. You could try searching for .sdbx files on your drive and see if anything shows up. Then it will just be a matter of replacing the folder at the right location or repath correctly in C3D.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Kind regards

Viji

Viji.Kumar

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report