Vehicle Tracking Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vehicle Tracking Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vehicle Tracking topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import custom Vehicles

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Joe-Bouza
10409 Views, 12 Replies

Import custom Vehicles

Hi we had used Autoturn previously and created many custom vehicles. Mostly local firetrucks. Can AVT import vehicle data from other programs? AT exports the data but not sure if the file is proprietarty.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
viji.kumar
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hi Joe

I have not seen it done but I shall obtain either confirmation or instructions if it is possible especially with regard to Autoturn..

Viji.Kumar
Message 3 of 13
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: viji.kumar

Hi Viji

Thanks, that is greatly appreciated

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 4 of 13
viji.kumar

We are still researching this.

Viji.Kumar
Message 5 of 13
viji.kumar

Hi Joe

Autodesk Vehicle Tracking cannot import vehicle models produced by AutoTurn.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

P.S. Are there any programs other than AutoTurn that are capable of using the exported AutoTurn vehicle models? 

Viji.Kumar
Message 6 of 13
Joe-Bouza

Hi Viji

Your efforts are greatly appreciated

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
viji.kumar

Hi Joe

Thanks, it's great to get responses like that.

Viji.Kumar
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

I have created a number of special vehicles in Autotrack .atl format (autotrack vehicle library) and i want to import them into Autoturn. 

Can this be done or do i have to convert the .atl file through another software?

Message 9 of 13
neilyj666
in reply to: Anonymous

I suspect it is not possible to do what you want directly so you may have to recreate the vehicles manually.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 10 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: neilyj666

Thank you.

I suspect you are right and i will have to bite the bullet and just get on with it.

Message 11 of 13
mark.muckle

Hi Viji

Can you please assist me to import an ATX file of a vehicle that we need to use in Vehicle Tracking, into the standard vehicle Tracking Library so that it will become part of the library in future?

Thanks, Mark.

Message 12 of 13
nigel.peters
in reply to: mark.muckle

Mark,

Open a drawing in AutoCAD, use the Vehicle Tracking Import function to read in the file, then open the vehicle library explorer, create a new Vehicle Library and drag and drop the vehicles in the drawings pool (all the vehicles in the ATX file will be in the pool). Finally save the new library. IF the library is saved in the My Documents/My Vehicle Tracking folder then the library should auto-load every time Vehicle Tracking is started.

Nigel Peters

Vehicle Tracking Product Owner

Software Development Manager
Message 13 of 13

In order to import a custom vehicle, you must have either a .veh or .vcl file. Go to the AutoTURN tab, then vehicles. A dialog box with all the vehicles will pop up, click on the icon on the bottom left to import your vehicle. It looks like a truck with an arrow pointing down. This way for sure works, I just did it successfully. See image below. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report