Vehicle Tracking Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vehicle Tracking Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vehicle Tracking topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Hatch Envelope

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
klugb
2834 Views, 8 Replies

Change Hatch Envelope

Is there a way to change the color/hatching of the envelope AFTER you already have set them?

I have 6 different vehicles and their paths defined. They were already hatched but now we want to change the settings to plot on an aerial and I can't find a way to change it "after the fact"? After making the changes any NEW paths use the updated settings. Am I stuck with recreating all 6? Some are very long with many target points Smiley Mad

Thanks

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
viji.kumar
in reply to: klugb

Hi Bruce

Yes you can change the colour/hatching after the creation of the track.

Capture.JPG

Using the AVT Report Editor, you can make the changes. When you are finished and presented with the following dialog box, select the "No" option.

Capture02.JPG

I hope that helps.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Viji.Kumar
Message 3 of 9
klugb
in reply to: viji.kumar

Thank you!

I didn't even think to try the report editor (I was thinking it was for numerical reports). Works like a charm!

Thanks again,

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 4 of 9
viji.kumar
in reply to: klugb

Glad to be of service. Thanks for the kudos.

Viji.Kumar
Message 5 of 9
jstover

I've managed to get everything to look the way I want, however, the hatch or fill (either setting) seems to put them on top of everything (display order front, if you will).  I have not been able to figure out how to not have it do this.  In the examples you show, it seems to happen to you as well.  Any help would be appreciated!

Message 6 of 9
spsluka
in reply to: jstover

I was able to achieve this by the order of my reports in the wizard.  Think of it as whatever reports are on top of the list is sent to the back and the reports on the bottom to the front.  So the Body and Chassis report is last in the list and is sent to the front in all of my movements while the hatching reports are at the top of the list and sent to the back.  See attachments below.  Hope this helps. 

Message 7 of 9
jstover
in reply to: spsluka

Perfect!  That worked!  Thank you!

Message 8 of 9
spsluka
in reply to: jstover

Anytime.

Message 9 of 9
NormsAUS

Hey...

At work we often do a lot of Turning Templates all with different vehicle sizes.
We like to show each vehicle size in a different colour.

Is there an option I am missing that allows you to set the Report Colour(s) to 'By Layer'?

Because otherwise it's the tedious task of changing each report file.

Or I guess setting my defaults before I do my vehicle paths.

Also on a side note, what is the 'Custom' Colour that appears at the top of the Pen Colours.

Cheers and TIA!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report