Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Only user account

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
470 Views, 6 Replies

View Only user account

In Vault Workgroup and Professional add a View only User account that does not have get permissions in the Vault client.

It could be called Document Viewer. 

Tags (1)
Labels (3)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ihayesjr
in reply to: Anonymous

Why not have this user use the Thin Client in Read-Only mode for Vault Pro?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

In the enviroment that I'm configuring there are 2 Vaults, one for Active Projects and one for the Master Documents. Due to the workflow of this facility some documents will be required to be in multiple projects which is why there are two seperate vaults, one without duplicate files allowed another with duplicate files. Users who access the Project Vault will need to access the Master Documents Vault to view what Projects drawings are associated to, those users are not allowed to retrieve documents from the Master Documents vault themselves. If they can access the Project Vault using Vault Client, they can access Master Documents Vault with the client and I'd like to restrict the potential for rogue users from downloading and working on files outside of the Vault systems.  

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

Assign the user 'document consumer' rights.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

jclaidler, Doc Consumer still has a download option which is what I'm asking Adesk to eliminate. 

Message 6 of 7
james_tempe

I agree. There should be the ability to have a user that can view DWF files or CAD files without the ability to download CAD files. Our company has very strict ISO standards that regulate document control, and allowing any sales person or manufacturing person to download full CAD data goes completely against those standards. They still need to be involved in the Lifecycle process because both parties are Document Reviewers who need to be able to push the drawings forward through their phase of the review process. But for that they really just need to have access to DWF files. 

Message 7 of 7
ihayesjr

I am still unsure why the Thin Client doesn't provide what you are looking for. It restricts the user from downloading anything other than the DWF file.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report