Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

View Change Orders from the web (thin) client

View Change Orders from the web (thin) client

From the Vault Web Client all you can see on an item is if its in a change order. I would like to be able to click on the change order icon and see the change order title, description, and current state.

14 Comments
dvsmiller9
Advocate

I agree.  Many times we have employees that don't need to alter or interact with a change order, they just need to review it or look it up for reference purposes (Sales e.g. to support an existing sales order or Purchasing to notifiy a supplier of a change to an item with an active PO). It would also be nice if the web client could be configured which ECO properties to show.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

sathersc23
Advocate

We paid for 8 extra licenses of Vault to get this functionality.

cadsupport
Advocate

Status changes in Vault Webclient would be a nice thing.

Our reviewer's for welding quality management for example don't have CAD workstation but only citrix clients.

It would be great if they could simply review drawings and reject or accept them (possibly with a comment).

Tags (4)
Neil_Cross
Mentor

The web/thin client is intended for non-engineering based Vault access.  Obviously this could vary based on organisational requirements, but I find that a high majority of these people are needing to view what is changing within the design process.  However, you cannot view ECOs in the web/thin client.  Thus rendering the web/thin client an obsolete entity in a lot of companies using ECOs within Vault.

Granting access to ECOs for staff who don't require a full client license would be a huge help for a lot of customers, it's pretty straight forward and clear that this would be beneficial and I can't think of any valid reason why ECOs should be ommitted from the web/thin client.

Cheers.

Tags (3)
ihayesjr
Community Manager

Compared to the thick client, what tabs in the Change Order are important to have in the Thin Client?

Neil_Cross
Mentor

Obviously I can't speak for everyone, but I think the 'General' tab would be enough to cover most bases.  Most non-engineering staff would likely only need to know the change details, description, who raised it, when, current state, all of that is covered on the General tab.  The records tab would also be useful but I suspect most would sacrifice that if it meant we could get ECOs visible in the client ASAP.  I say that as typically the product under change should usually be in the description, so non-engineering staff may have little to no interest in seeing which raw files/items are hooked to the ECO.

scottmoyse
Mentor

The Thin Client currently only provides a partial view of read-only data in the Vault. There is a very valid reason for non CAD users to be able to view ECO's from the Thin Client, at any level within the organisation. 

Custom Objects can also contain similarly useful read-only data. So it would be nice to be able to view those as a result of someone sharing a Thin Client URL.

philip.s
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

jeamy.baena
Advocate

Hi,

Totally agree,

6+ years and counting....Smiley Sad

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

jeamy.baena
Advocate

Hi, 

Another one for thin client and desktop app: Please add view permissions to ECOs (by user, category, UDPs). Currently all users can view them. When you are working with several actors (internal and external) in the same project, it is very helpful to control what ECOs are visible for certain users. I had a customer that we can't implement this feature because this fact. Here normally, there are legal and confidential information that is very important to control in these ECOs workflows.

We hope that 8 years later, we can see changes like this in ECO functionality.

Thanks!

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This is implemented and available with Autodesk Vault Professional 2022 Release.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report