Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault Plot by selecting IAM file in client

Vault Plot by selecting IAM file in client

I know I can go through the process of starting Vault Plot, adding/browsing for the IAM file and hitting Open and the Plot Manager gathers all of the child part/assy files (including the source assy file) and can plot them. I just find the process tedious and longer than it needs to be. I think you should be able to find an IAM file in the client and hit PLOT command and it then gathers all the child IDW file sand plots them. Running the plot of the selected IAM file goes through the process of discovering the child part/assy files and shows the source assy file in the Plot Manager window without any IDWS. But this is really useless because the output may not be as shown in the thumbnail image, and really it's of no other use to me. But the IDW's of the assy and it's children are.

vault_plot.png

2 Comments
scottmoyse
Mentor

You don't have to have a file selected to to run the Plot command. Which means you don't have to remove the file you don't want (I'm using 2015). I agreed though, this should just work when you select the file in the Main Pane.

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report