Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAULT LIFECYCLES TRANSITION CRITERIA (LOGIC OPERATORS)

VAULT LIFECYCLES TRANSITION CRITERIA (LOGIC OPERATORS)

Greetings,

In the transitions between lifecycle states, by default when several properties criteria are used, they must default fulfilled all at once (AND behaviour).

Vault should have the option to use logic operators (AND, OR, XOR...) between the different properties used.

For example:
Category Name contains "Documents" OR "Technical"....

This feature would be very useful for security and control reasons.

Thanks!

17 Comments
mark.cloyed
Collaborator

I tested your request, and would offer some clarification.  My testing was done in 2014 and 2015.  I find that within a single criteria, you can specify the 'OR' and 'AND' booleans for values.  As you say, if multiple criteria are listed, they are always evaluated in an 'and' situation.  I would agree with you that we have desired a way to use multiple criteria in an 'or' situation.

Regards,

Mark

jeamy.baena
Advocate

Hi, Mark

Thanks for your feedback!.

Yes, I agree with you. Posibility to use logic operators with differentes properties.

e.g.

TRANSITIONS.jpg

marina.collet
Advocate

Hi mark,

You stated

I find that within a single criteria, you can specify the 'OR' and 'AND' booleans for values.

How exactly do you do that (I need a transition to be limited to idw or ipn file but I did not manage to get it to work)? 

xavier_dumont2
Collaborator
YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

jeamy.baena
Advocate

Greetings, Mr. Yammouri

Excellent news!

What vault release are you planning to implement this idea?

Thanks!

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This capability has been implemented with Autodesk Vault 2019.

jbaena
Explorer

Smiley Very Happy

jeamy.baena
Advocate

Smiley Very Happy Excellent!

akosubek
Contributor

@YounesYammouri, you reported, that this would be implemented in Vault 2019. - I am running an installation of that, but cannot find an option to logically link transition conditions in any way. - Was this feature dropped, again?

YounesYammouri
Community Manager

No it is not dropped. Starting with Vault 2019 you can now add operator within the value. See image below:

Transition and Operators.jpg

akosubek
Contributor

@YounesYammouri, okay, then I seem to have misunderstood: As of the clarification by @jeamy.baena in https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideas/vault-lifecycles-transition-criteria-logic-operators/idc-... I assumed, that a logical connection between multiple, different property checks would be possible now.

So, currently, it is only possible to check for multiple conditions within one property, but not - for instance - if property A is set if and only if property B is set?

YounesYammouri
Community Manager

@akosubek Correct, operators (AND, NOT, OR) within the same property are supported starting from 2019 release. If you have several criteria with different properties it will be criteria 1 AND criteria 2 AND criteria 3 as condition for the transition.

http://help-staging.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2019/ENU/?guid=GUID-B4443A39-A621-4E14-8A11-484EFBF3DB90

xavier_dumont2
Collaborator

This idea is flagged as "Complete" but there is 1 specific case where today there is no solution.

- Use an operator for empty value.

For example:

Set a transition criteria: "Change order state" IS "Approved" OR EMPTY

Useful if you want to be sure the ECO is on the state "Approved" if an ECO exist, but give the opportunity to change state if there is no ECO.

Is it considered as a new IDEA (because the original description of this idea perfectly answer this case). Thanks in advance.

stef.castelijns
Explorer

@YounesYammouri 

This boolean functionality only seems to work with Vault standard properties. I'm trying to add a boolean operator to a custom property, but it just doesn't work. This custom property has a list of predefined values.

Can you comment on this please?

stefcastelijns_0-1676618028932.png

br.sbrava
Participant

Any updates on this? This issue pointed by @stef.castelijns remains a problem here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report