Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault generated email customization

Vault generated email customization

The emails generated by Vault during lifecycle changes are basically useless as they are very vague and difficult to read. I want the ability to customize the email template including using properties in the subject and body of the email.

For example I'd love the subject of the email to be the <Change Order #> - <Current Status> and the body of the email to include the change order title and description

47 Comments
dvsmiller9
Advocate

It would also help to give the Notification User more flexibility.  Right now anyone that is listed as a notification user on a routing gets an email when the ECO proceeds to the next step.  I have users that only need to know when an item gets an ECO assigned and when it's released, not all the steps in between. I am concerned that these users will get a flood of emails and start to ignore them.

It would really help to be able to configure which steps certain users get notified on.

scottmoyse
Mentor

yup, the email notification system needs a complete overhaul in every way!

Gene.R
Advocate

yup, needs improvement. I filter them to folders in outlook where they are promptly ignored in the order they were received.

9-14-2012 11-56-14 AM.png

a feature I would like to see is a shortened hyperlink to the Change Order number and also populate the Change Order Title in the body that is generating the notification, seperate emails for each Change order instead of batching several of them. and if they already have vault running do not open a new session.

also if they reply to that email then dump it back into the change order comment as a reply comment and also send to the users email that generated  the initial notification. 

Gene

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

mark.cloyed
Collaborator

I have also received requests by clients, requesting the ability to customize the email format from the ECO notification side.  It would be helpful to have the ability to include ECO properties, such as the ECO description, to better inform the recipients of the nature of the ECO.

Thanks,
Mark

steveh3
Advisor

Any progress being made here? Been on the table for several years....

Neil_Cross
Mentor

I've just created a new request pretty much duplicating this one, only just spotted this.  I agree with absolutely everything everyone has said above, this needs overhauled and I'd class it as pretty important given the nature of what is being handled.  These are the areas of Vault that are currently a mess, unprofessional, and require a higher level of allocated time than various other questionable additions to the software.

jeamy.baena
Advocate

Totally Agree!!

What is the position of Autodesk here?

or More job (plug-ins) for vault developers here...

PACDrafting
Collaborator

Add me to the agree list on this one.

It seems most users ignore these email notifications purely because they are not easy on the eye when first viewing.

This is a must!

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

aaron.allen
Explorer

Any chance this will get added anytime soon?

I am kinda amazed the option for modifying default email hasn't been added yet.

jeff.hamiltonWSTZK
Enthusiast

I agree. This needs to be done ASAP.

larry.rice
Participant

First off, with so many votes, I cannot understand why this is not a priority for improvement with Autodesk. This is not, it does not work, this is the community saying it needs a huge improvement. I would like to be able to control what events cause an e-mail to be sent. That is if you have an action to perform, then you get an email. Not every time the state changes. We are forced to turn off the notifications and have Configuration Management send out e-mails to those who have an action to perform.

Therefore, here is how Autodesk can fix it. In the ECO Object, when an ECO is submitted by the Change Requestor to the Open State the Administrators are sent an e-mail, when an Administrator submits an ECO to the Work State, the Responsible Engineer gets and e-mail, when the Responsible Engineer submits an ECO to Check State, the Checker gets an e-mail, when the Checker approves the ECO transitions to the Review State and all Approvers get an e-mail and when all Approvers have approved the ECO the ECO transitions to the Approved State and the Administrator gets and e-mail, when the Administrator closes the ECO everyone involved in the ECO would get an e-mail with the transitions to the Closed State.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally agree!

I wonder what has to happen so that an idea that is 6 years old, is often voted, is finally implemented.

dvsmiller9
Advocate

WOW! 169 votes and 6 years later the status is 'Future Consideration'. Huh.

ThomasRambach
Advisor

Things like this are aggravating. Vault is a decent product but Autodesk never wants to take the time to make the product better by adding basic functionality that the user base has been asking for year after year. Emails have become useless from Vault since they are so cryptic in the information they contain.

Autodesk, make this happen by release 2021. 

jeamy.baena
Advocate

We need more "core" changes like this idea.. When??

josh.hippen2EZG5
Participant

We have been using Vault at our Mill for 2-3 years now.  I cannot get other Mills on board with the ECO's due to this and many other idiosyncrasies of the ECO process.

Dear Vault Staff,

I can sell more software and licenses for you if you would fix some of these issues. 🙂

michael.lerch
Contributor

Has this issue been resolved yet? Many of my end users are complaining of being inundated with vault emails that they do not need to know about.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report