Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vault add-in for Inventor

Vault add-in for Inventor

Have the Vault panel bar as a separate dockable window like the iLogic browser. So that it is possible to view both the model and vault panel bars at the same time.

Also Auto-refresh the Vault status in the panel bar.

This will stop a lot of user errors on usingf the Vault, when they complain of overwriting models etc.

Users are under pressure to "get the job out", many times they don't even look at the Vault panel bar!

If it is easier to see the vault status and it is refreshed automatically, it will make the designers job a lot easier.

14 Comments
tmoney2007
Collaborator

I would much rather just see the data from the Vault panel incorporated directly into the model browser.

Make the status icon visible in the model browser, and you don't have to worry about the Vault panel at all.

dvsmiller9
Advocate

I agree with tmoney2007.  Integrate the Model and Vault panels.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Maarten65
Advocate

Integrate the Model and Vault panels. In 2014 you can show all the properties behind the parts name. This should be able in the model browser.

tmoney2007
Collaborator

An additional thing to add would be to include a view of the model browser similar to the vault browser, where you only see one instance of a part at a particular level as opposed to one instance for each occurance of the part.  Sometimes this would be useful in general, in Inventor.

This in addition to the status icon would fully replicate the vault panel within the model browser.

pcrawley
Advisor

I noticed that the status of this idea was changed to "New idea" in September last year, but we've been asking for this in the beta forums for years!  I remember asking for it around Productstream 2 or 3 era.

A combined browser of some description would be great.  Take a look at the way the Revit browser can be combined/docked/stacked.  VRED can do it too.

Good suggestion.  It certainly has my vote.

Very good Idea!

This would spare a lot of  annoying clicks!

We are looking forward, to see in Vault 2015!

frank
Community Visitor

An configurable!!! integration model with Vault Prowser will be the best solution.

tmoney2007
Collaborator

The API's are even there to add extra icons to the model browser... my company toyed with their own PDM and that was one of the really cool features they came up with.

karthur1
Mentor

Until this gets implemented, search for the "MyVaultBrowser" add-in in the Inventor app store.  It is great....saves you from going back and fourth between browsers.

karthur1
Mentor

Until this gets implemented, search for the "MyVaultBrowser" add-in in the Inventor app store.  It is great....saves you from going back and fourth between browsers.

YounesYammouri
Community Manager

The product development team is considering the feedback of the community and have implemented some of this feedback in the development pipeline. You are encouraged to join the Autodesk Vault beta program to get a view into what’s being implemented. We appreciate your feedback.

Thanks 

Younes Yammouri

Autodesk Vault Product Manager

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This request has been implemented with Autodesk Vault Workgroup and Professional 2018. Check Out the Autodesk Vault 2018 help:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-DD071BFB-45AC-4157-9660-2370EFA9B844

Younes Yammouri

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report