Vault IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team
11 Kudos
Maarten65

Use Vault Path property to define category

by Contributor Maarten65 on ‎07-25-2012 04:46 AM

In Vault objects have a property called path. I like to use the property in a rule when determin which category the part is.

For example:

If path contains "LIBRARY" category_name = "Library parts"

If path contains "DESIGN" category_name = "Design parts"

If path contains "Content Center Files" category_name = "CC parts"

In this way a user only has to place the part at teh right location on disk. During initial check in it will get the correct category automaticly.

Comments
by Board Manager on ‎02-11-2013 12:53 PM
Status changed to: Under Review

by Mentor on ‎04-21-2014 09:20 AM

Hello,

Any news regarding this? It's really a major issue (in my opinion) regarding assigning a specific lifecycle for Content Center Files.

Actually the solution bellow is not a good one regarding custom parts from Content Center and Frame parts.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9A6632DDBF5C9661

Thanks in advance

by Mentor ‎06-10-2014 06:00 AM - edited ‎06-10-2014 06:00 AM

This functionality needs to be added to vault.  Anyone who has ever tried to implement vault across multiple divisions in a company can speak to how important this functionality would be.

Vault allows us to display the "Path" as column in the UI, so why no love to use it within a categorization rule?

While using templates with a custom iProperty and/or Data Standard help, there are many situations where it does not - categorization by path would be the cleanest solution.

P.S. Depending on the customer and their folder structure, this may also help another issue I have with deploying vault across multiple divisions which is the ability to distinguish the "type" of DWG file. 

-Ryan

Ryan Small

SolidCAD (Autodesk Reseller)

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Top Kudoed Authors