Vault IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team
20 Kudos
Maarten65

Use boolean expressions in searches

by Contributor Maarten65 on ‎07-25-2012 05:11 AM

I like to use boolean expressions in searches.

For example:

(file name = "bracket") OR ( (file name = "lifting eye) AND (state = 'released") )

This would give me all brackets and all lifting eyes which are released

Thanks for the suggestion, can you look at the wiki help topic to see this already addresses what you are looking for? http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0001-Using_Va1/0003-Essentia3/0017-Searchin17
Comments
by Contributor dmiller on ‎07-25-2012 07:13 AM

I agree we need 'OR' as an option.  Currently just being able to 'AND' criteria is limiting.

by Contributor dmiller on ‎07-25-2012 07:22 AM

This would also be helpful in Category Rules assignment.  We have a semi-intelligent part numbering system where the first few digits define the category.  Some have categories have overlapping prefixes (fixtures with different prefixes due to legacy assignment or running out of sequential numbers within a prefix group - hey, I only inherited the system) where a boolean assignment rule would allow me to assign multiple prefix groups to one category.

by Board Manager on ‎07-25-2012 12:57 PM
Status changed to: Accepted
Thanks for the suggestion, can you look at the wiki help topic to see this already addresses what you are looking for? http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Vault/enu/Help/Help/0001-Using_Va1/0003-Essentia3/0017-Searchin17
by Contributor Maarten65 on ‎07-25-2012 11:01 PM

Like mentioned above I am missing the OR  operator. And when havenig a AND and an OR operator there must be something like a group function as wel to bond them together.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count