Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tool Palettes within Vault

Tool Palettes within Vault

The ability to store and path all tool palette content (including supporting .atc files) within vault. It would solve several issues including security admin and performance.

7 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

aksel_haeldermans
Enthusiast

We are looking to move all are bibs from a hard drive to the Vault.

Users using the palettes do not want to lose the palette function.

JohnnyVanBogaert
Enthusiast

This would be very usefull. I hope Autodesk will find a solution for this.

alchurchill
Explorer

@ihayesjr Any news on this function? Having a central controlled location for tool palettes makes good sense to me.

randyspear6624
Collaborator

I don't think it would ever happen to be honest. We moved our tool palettes to the root of C drive a few years ago with the intent that IT would push them out when requested. IT's involvement hasn't gone well but we haven't been keeping up with it enough to warrant getting on their case. Currently they are simply deploying with the palette folder when users get a new cpu or reimage but we do keep the master copy of the palette folder in ProjectWise (decided against Vault) so users can export it and replace it on their local drive if their looking for an update.

Moving to the local drive was also a blessing in disguise given everyone is now working form home so it's one less thing they have to retrieve from a network.  

ihayesjr
Community Manager

Future Consideration: While we’re generally a fan of these ideas, the timing isn’t quite right for development consideration. As such, they are being put on the back burner to be re-visited at a later date. Please continue to comment and add your support. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/forum-user-guides/how-to-post-to-the-idea-boards-collaborate/td-p/956...

alchurchill
Explorer

Thanks Both. 

@ihayesjr 

@randyspear6624 

We now have the source file saved on vault as the master and as long as you have the latest on your local drive it seems to work.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report