Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin Webclient- Showing versions that are not released

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
361 Views, 7 Replies

Thin Webclient- Showing versions that are not released

Hi,

Within the Thin WebClient users outside of engineering can see the history of the drawing and print off old versions. I have been told previously that there is no way of removing this. We ideally want our machinists to only see the latest released issue without having access to previous revisions.  There is a possiblablity for the machinist to select the wrong drawing and we need to remove as much error as possible. I am sure there are many other companies with the same requests.

• When is there another release of WebClient or an update?
  • Will it have a feature to disable viewing of all previous released drawings?

I have done my very best to hide them but staff are still finding them and raising this issue.

Personally I don’t understand why we can’t have this feature. It seems quite basic.

Thank you 🙂

Johnny

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have the below settings for your web client?

2014-10-13_13-20-26.png

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

I think that has worked. Thank you very much 🙂

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Now with this set, only the last RELEASED version will display in web client.

I have turned on the LATEST VERSION property column, so users will know that the version available is the LATEST version.

2014-10-16_13-36-55.jpg

True = Version is the latest

False = Document is no longer released, the previous released version is shown.

Message 5 of 8
ihayesjr

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I was a bit too enthusiastic to say It was fixed L

After re-checking it has not turned off the old released versions. If I still want to open previous released drawings we can.

( Jclaidler – I do like your workaround to solve the issue. Smiley Happy However within our system of manufacturing it can lead to error if someone prints out a false drawing. Smiley Sad )

I still feel there is potential error within the system with no form of solution.

Message 7 of 8
jeamy.baena

Hi, I agree with johnhickey

For security reasons, Vault should have an option to control the "show all versions" option by user or group, for thin and desktop client.

Is there a way to restrict that?, via API?. 

Thanks!

Message 8 of 8
mflayler2
in reply to: jeamy.baena

What version of Vault do you have?  There was a service pack for the thin client that made sure only Released files were seen.

Did you find this reply helpful ? If so please use the Accept as Solution or Kudos button below.

Mark Flayler - Engagement Engineer

IMAGINiT Manufacturing Solutions Blog: https://resources.imaginit.com/manufacturing-solutions-blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report