Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thin Client: Better Released File Visibility Control

Thin Client: Better Released File Visibility Control

From what I can tell right now, users have very limited control over the visibility of file records in the Thin Client.  You can either see all versions of a document or all Released versions of a document.  Both options can lead to confusion based on workflow.

What if you want to only show the latest Released version of a file record?  You can't do that - all Released versions are currently displayed.  Worse, what if you use a lifecycle like the built-in Flexible Release Process and perform a Quick Change?  Now you have two versions at a particular revision.  The result can be something like this:

TC_Version_Problem_Example.png

To provide better control over file record visibility in the Thin Client, I'd like to see the options for File visibility expanded to a total of four (from the two we have now).  These four options would be as follows:

1. Show all file versions
  2. Show all Released file versions (allow multiple versions at the same Revision)
  3. Show all Released file versions (show only the latest version of each Revision)
  4. Show only the latest Released file version

I think one and four are self explanatory.  Two and three might be confusing to the user, but I think they're ultimately necessary.  Option two would function like the current 'show only released' versions, and would lead to a list like the screen capture above.  Option three would be new functionality, and would hide all Released versions of a particular Revision level except for the latest.  This option would hide versions that had been superseded by activities like Quick Change, and so in the example screen capture above, version 6 of the file would not be visible in the Thin Client.

5 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

Thank you for your feedback.  We will take a look at this and see what we can do.

djhunsucker
Participant

To add to this, a lot of our customers use the thin client for shop use and they want to limit the chance of mistakes, giving the shop only the latest released possible would be great!

drobbie
Advocate

This is becoming more an more of a requirement for my customers. I would like to see this as an option as well.

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This capability has been implemented with Autodesk Vault 2019. A New option in the administrator setting allow you to control to show latest version or not in the history tab.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report