Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show/Hide Vault Status Icons in Model Browser

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
bverboort
920 Views, 5 Replies

Show/Hide Vault Status Icons in Model Browser

Add method to Show/Hide option/filter for Vault file status icons in Inventor Model Browser

Labels (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ihayesjr
in reply to: bverboort

Why do you want to hide the status icons?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi Irvin,

I'd like to not have to swith back and fourth between the Vault & Model browser.

If the status icon were added to the Model browser, I could avoid having to switch back and fourth.

However, I don't always work in a Vault environment or will use the "Visual" data management method. This is the reason I would like the ability to toggle the icons on/off in the model browser.

But of course... you'd have to add them the the Model browser first... So I guess this is a request for new functionality _and_ a an associated option for control (setting).

Sorry... I wasn't being very concise on this one when I posted it was I?

Hope all is well.

Best,

Brian

Message 4 of 6
tmoney2007

Integrating vault status icons into the model browser would be huge.  The APIs are there and I've seen a 3rd party program do it.

Message 5 of 6
mikel_martin

Is the requirement to have the status information from Model browser or just that you would like the ability see Vault information without the need to switch tabs back and forth?

Mikel Martin
User Experience Architect
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 6 of 6
dvsmiller9

My own preference would be not to have to switch back and forth.  For Brian's request to be able to turn off the Vault icons when he's not working in a Vault environment Inventor might just detect that the user isn't logged into Vault and in that case not show the Vault icons (except maybe one that shows you are not logged in).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report