Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Show Copy/Paste Shortcuts on Web Client

Show Copy/Paste Shortcuts on Web Client

Description

When you edit > copy/paste a link/shortcut to a file into another folder on Vault's thick client it does not appear on the web client.

Impact

In a large company where licenses may be an issue the web client is ideal and should include links to drawings so people can access these drawings easily from different folders. In our case we asbolutely have to refrain from using this feature due to its in ability to appear in the web client. This limits the folder structure within Vault.  

Severity

Medium

Solution

Ensure that edit > copy/paste shortcuts to files appear in the web client as well as the full / thick client. 

17 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

jeamy.baena
Advocate

Hi, Experts

I suggested this idea to my customer, because we need to avoid the file duplication, but this feature it will be not useful if the webclient can not watch and use these links too.

Did you now another way to do this?. Thanks!

mthomas
Collaborator

PROBLEM: Currently you can not view Links with the Web (Thin) Client

SOLUTION: Links should behave as hyperlinks so that when I click on the link in the web client it takes me to the appropirate file, folder, or item

Tags (1)
SeanMacOz
Enthusiast

With all due respect, this shouldn't have to be a 'New Idea' - instead the software engineer whom omitted this functionality should be shot.

AutoDesk: MAKE IT SO THAT LINKS ARE VISIBLE (and functional) IN THE WEB CLIENT.

This is not an oversite or mistake, this is grounds for execution.

ihayesjr
Community Manager

aguitton116
Advocate

Hi,

I have a customer who asked me about that yesterday after an update to vault pro 2014 (they are under subscription but always use the previous version).

In their case they created hyperlinks to the files, attached to the items in SAP (they used to have only vault collaboration so no item management for 4 years now). Recently they had to change the location of some files in order to be easier for people to find these files. However if they really move the files in vault explorer, the hyperlinks are dead in SAP so the administrator only created links in vault exlporer in the new locations so that the hyperlinks don't change.

The problem is that now the hyperlinks are not visible in the webclient (nor subscription thin client) so it's worthless.

That's why I strongly agree with this idea 🙂

ndra
Advocate
We've reached version 2015, with a new Thin Client, and still this feature is missing. The Thin Clint as cumbersome to navigate as it is, not enabling displaying links makes it even worse. I'm suprised to see this hasn't been taken care of, yet.
pcetnar
Contributor

I work for a reseller and also recently had a large client of ours request this ability.  They take the time to organize their vault with shortcut links in Vault Pro which makes it much easier for other consumers of the information to quickly get what they need, assuming they have access to a full seat of Vault Pro.  

All of the Thin Client users are currently spending extra time to search for the data.  It would be beneficial to have access to the shortcut links through the Thin Client.

pavel.slovacek
Explorer

I and my more then 100 Vault Professional users are sub joining to this. We are setting Vault without duplicity file names. This is necessary for the best Vault functionality.
All of our users used file shortcuts and all of our users mean that hidden shortcut on Vault web client is error not functional.
Autodesk can you supply this functionality to web client? Your customers will be pleased.

syjolain
Explorer

Still not working on 2016 Webclient.

I hope it will be implemented in 2017 release

philip.s
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

johnsolu
Contributor

Is there an status update for this idea? It's been a year since the status was changed to Under Review and this is something we would very much like to see added to the thin client. For our use case, this is a critical functionality.

johnsolu
Contributor

This idea was most recently "under review" in February 2017. I was crossing my fingers for the Vault 2019 release but it doesn't sound like it made it. Any news on this @ihayesjr?

ihayesjr
Community Manager

First, I apologize but this idea was switched to In Review by accident due to a lot of updates that were happening at that time. So I am moving it back to the state I had it in, Future Consideration, before.

As for your question, here are what a couple of the statuses mean.

• Under Review: Once the community has had a chance to comment and vote, some ideas will need a deeper dive to determine technical scoping, before potentially moving into a development backlog.
  • Accepted: Not only have these ideas been vetted by the community and our product teams, but we’ve also added them to our development backlog so that they can be considered for future inclusion into a given product or service. Please note: we cannot confirm that ideas with this status will be implemented and/or provide a time frame as to when they might be implemented.

More information can be found in the Ideas Guidelines.

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This is implemented and available with Autodesk Vault 2022 Release.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report