Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Separate Job Queue Window

Separate Job Queue Window

Have the ability to keep the Job Queue open and still run other Vault commands.

10 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

cadsupport
Advocate

That would be greatly appreciated here also. And I think this is quite easy to code.

ViperRT10
Contributor

I strongly support this.

philip.s
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

pvillella-CAP
Enthusiast

I also strongly support this.

Literally every person who has ever used the Job Queue in the history of Vault has asked "Why can't I leave this window open?"

So, really, why CAN'T we leave this window open? Or in dev terms, why in the world is this a modal window?

One of the biggest issues we run into with the job processors is when a user changes the state on a bunch of files, thus kicking off a bunch of publish jobs. If they don't wait patiently for them to complete before doing anything else to those files you end up with all sorts of 'non-tip' errors, file doesn't exist errors, 'dwf can't be deleted' errors... on and on and on.

If the job queue window could be left up and automatically refresh every 2 seconds or so (make this configurable, obviously), it would make everyone's life easier.

Surely this is a trivial request, from a development standpoint?

Modeless dialog boxes aren't exactly a new idea.

The whole idea of modeless is when information is useful but not essential to continue a task.

That's exactly what the Job Queue is. Useful information, but I shouldn't be forced to interact with it to continue work in Vault.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

pvillella-CAP
Enthusiast

Accepted! Sweet! I hope to see this improvement soon.

Thanks, ihayesjr.

Smiley Very Happy

n.saremba
Enthusiast

Pls make the Job Queue dialog independent like searches are.

Why we can´t leave the Job Queue dialog open and start other work in the Vault Client?

Shelley.Gilpin
Explorer

I have also just raised a request/suggestion for this. Autodesk have pointed me to this feed. It would be so useful!!

When could we expect this change?

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This request has been implemented in Autodesk Vault 2018.2 Update which has been released recently. Please check out more details here:

http://blogs.autodesk.com/vault/2017/11/autodesk-vault-2018-2-update/

http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-447AA965-BD9B-4080-9620-E9803C275185

Younes

Autodesk Vault Product Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report