Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Folders in sub groups or folders

Search Folders in sub groups or folders

Search Folder are great but the ability to group them into sub groups would be better.
8 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

What would you be placing into sub-groups?  The folders you want to search or the search results?

gluckett
Collaborator
A Search Folder is just a pre-canned query. It would great to group these
queries into logical groups.
Maarten65
Advocate

It would be nice to have an option to manage your searches in sub folders/groups.  If you have over 40 searches defined, the list is very long and no relations are clearly visable.

I have over 50 searches that help cleaning up my Vault and policing what the users are doing. If I could have folders to group those, I would be able to organize myself much better, by groups like "Checked Out By..." and the employees' usernames below for each different search.

Just like Groups for shortcuts, it is very strange not to have the same exact functionality for Searches.

What would also help a TON would be having the possibility to save search criteria with boolean "and" and "or". Imagine, searching for Checked Out files for EACH AND EVERY PERSON in a Vault workgroup. Instead, we could organize those by groups of people. Criteria = checked out by person 1 + Criteria = checked out by person 2, and so on.

philip.s
Alumni
Status changed to: Under Review

tmuel
Advocate

Agreed, The ability to group saved searches into categories would be very helpful.

Even better if we could also:

1. Apply a predefined view to these searches like we can to a folder

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideas/custom-views-per-saved-search/idi-p/3679142

2. Easily manage and deploy saved searches from an administrative level to end users.

I am aware they are saved in the user profile and can be scripted to copy, but it is challenging to manage. I am also aware of "project Thunderdome", which is a step in the right direction, but it is not flexible enough.

I realize those are two separate topics, but I note them because I think they help to illustrate my use case. I am working to streamline a Vault which has many users with many different departmental functions. They implemented Vault early on, mimicking their deeply nested network folder structure. It's a hassle to navigate and there is too much data to re-organize. The ability to group and deploy saved searches with applied custom views would allow users to use the saved searches to present data in a logical way specific their organizational function.

Regards,

Tim

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Vault product team
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report