Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements management

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
dvsmiller9
817 Views, 5 Replies

Requirements management

Requirements management is needed.  New development projects come with specifications, regulatory requirements, statements of work, etc.  Keeping track of whether each part, assembly and finished unit comply with what paragraph of what requirement of what contract is time consuming at best with Excel.

The new custom objects in 2013 along with projects in 2012 might lay the groundwork for this.

Labels (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
ihayesjr
in reply to: dvsmiller9

dmiller, thanks for submitting this idea. Have you tried using 2013 with custom objects and projects to solve this request? If so, what else is it lacking? Can UDPs also help you solve this request?

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 3 of 6
dvsmiller9

No I have not tried 2013 yet.  I am currently installing 2011 and expect to be able to upgrade to 2013 by the end of the year.  I had thought I could do something with the custom objects but hadn't thoroughly thought through it.  Yes, UDPs may also help.  I wasn't prepared to build my own solution right away if Autodesk had something in the works and had more manpower to throw at it.

Message 4 of 6
ihayesjr

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
Discussion_Ad

Message 6 of 6
ihayesjr

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report