Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular Expression as input validation for Properties

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ngarone
386 Views, 2 Replies

Regular Expression as input validation for Properties

Hi

I think it could be usefull if tou add a field in custom property definition so administrator could specify a regular expression to validate user Input.

In this way administrators could quite easily define a field in wich user can insert olny text properly formatted.

For example a code in the format AA-NNN in which AA can be one of ME, EL, PN, BU and NNN can be a number from 000 to 999

I know regular expression are not very known nor very easy to understand, but for this cases this would be very useful.

Bye.

Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mark.cloyed
in reply to: ngarone

I have also had a client ask for a way to validate the input into a field.  I looked at using this type of thing in the criteria of a transition between states, but it does not appear to recognize wildcard values.

Thanks,
Mark

Regards,
Mark Cloyed
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 3 of 3
olearya
in reply to: ngarone

Autodesk Vault Data Standard permits administrators to configure data entry requirements including format, create rules and predefined list values. Vault Data Standard can be downloaded from subscription center.

Allan
Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report