Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purge enhancements

Purge enhancements

Due to the huge impact of the purge operation on SQL and on replication performance in particular, would be useful to receive from the purge command and estimation about the number of files that will be purged and associated records to be replicated prior to the purge run.
Also would like to have a more selective purge, for example by folder, in order to split the purge workload through different weeks.

8 Comments
tmoney2007
Collaborator

I posted the idea a while back for a lifecycle based purge on the fly and it didn't get any kudos. So a kudos to you.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideastation/lifecycle-based-file-version-purge-enhancement/idi-p...

mark.cloyed
Collaborator

I agree with the purge estimates.  That would be very useful.  I disagree with the partial purge.  This has always been less than successful because many objects can't be purged if they are linked to other objects that aren't also being purged.  The only effective purge is a vault-wide purge.

Mark

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

To get the estimate of the number of files being purged, you will need to actually run the purge command to search and find the files that meet the criteria for the purge.  This will have the same impact as actually running the purge.  No sure what information would you get by knowing the associated database records that would be effected by the purge.  These records will most likely be delete record commands which would be small compared to replicating a new record and its content.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Gathering Support

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived

m.numberger
Advocate

Hello,

with using the purge command in Vault we don't see which files (versions of them) Vault will be deleting.

The risk is very high to loose data with a high price.

I think it will be better that Vault first make a test an list the files, they will be deleted. And than after control them an say OK, they will delete it.

I think the securtity of our datas is not high enough with the actual versions from Vault.

Best regards.

Michael

robertmayr7552
Explorer

That would be very important for our company

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Administrators can get a pre-purge report that lists the files that are candidates to be purged in Vault 2024.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report