Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Publishing option monochrome DWF/DWFx from Inventor IDW

Publishing option monochrome DWF/DWFx from Inventor IDW

Hello,

i'm looking for an possibility to publish monochrome DWF from Inventor IDW during the Vault-Checking.

For the DWG-Files thats no problem (like this: http://blogs.rand.com/support/2013/06/creating-monochrome-dwfs-for-vault-visualization-files.html)

But i found no way to do this for Inventor 2D.

It seems that the API has this possibility with the option "All_Color_AS_Black   0" (from here: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/inventor-customization/dwf-x-publish-settings-2014/m-p/4781541#M48253)

But there is no option in the Vault-Publishing-Options. Please add it!

Thanks!

Michael

3 Comments
ryan
Collaborator

Yes, I completely agree.

Like you said, it's possible to control the DWF output for DWG (although I would argue that we should be able to set all the options administratively in vault without having to resort to manual editing of TrueViewSetup.dwg) but the ability to control output of Inventor DWF is definately much further behind in terms of its capabilities.

AndrewPawelski
Enthusiast
This would be a great addition. We output our Inventor designs to AutoCAD DWG as a final customer deliverable. Automotive OEM's have strict specifications around layer color that is displayed in AutoCAD model space on a black background. We have created an Inventor DWG template that matches these specifications. When we publish DWF files, they also take on these attributes. In reality, forcing all lines to black and the background to white would be much more suitable and easier to view by our manufacturing team. This would match what everyone is typically used to seeing in a PDF file or on printed paper. This functionality would be a great benefit.
jonathan.nash
Community Visitor

We had it working with the Vault 2018 version, upgraded to Vault 2020 and am unable to Update Visualization files within Vault to show Black and White only.  What was Autodesk thinking?

Having worked with Pro-E and SolidWorks, losing faith that Inventor / Vault was the right decision

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report