Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLM 360 Vault Sync Flexibility

PLM 360 Vault Sync Flexibility

Currently the Sync tool only allows for Released & Obsolete items to be sync'd. Which essentially restricts the use of Vault Item data within PLM 360 to post design. I want to be able to use PLM 360 within the design process to extend our data out to other departments for sourcing/purchasing etc production BOM review & also for clients to log in & take part in the design review process 

At the moment thats not possible.

I would want to control what gets sync'd entirely based on the Saved Search criteria. That way its 'insanely configurable' within the searchable properties of the Vault Item master.

6 Comments
jared.sund
Alumni

Scott, moving this to the Vault IdeaStation.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review

pney
Contributor

Along the same lines as this post:

Our company currently uses Vault Collaboration and is evaluating PLM.  The biggest drawback that we've found is the inability of PLM to link to VC.  We have thought long and hard about upgrading to Vault Pro, but have decided against it.  Like the post above, our Design department needs to integrate with the rest of the companyl; PLM offers this, Vault Pro does not (in our opinion).  In my personal opinion, I don't understand why you must have an Item generator (Vault Pro) to sync with PLM in order to create more Items.  The biggest feature that we would like to see, one that could sway our decision to pursue PLM, is the ability to convert Vault Collaboration Parts/Assemblies/Drawings to PLM Items directly.  Vault Pro does this nicely within its own boundaries, however it doesn't have the power that PLM could potentially have.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly- it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over a year and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know. - Vault product team
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report