Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF Preview - Thin Client

PDF Preview - Thin Client

It could be great to have a way to see the pdf before having to download it on the Thin Client.

Like a preview for the pdf.

Best Regards,

Guillaume Van Der Sypt

8 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted
Are you asking for it to open in the browser or a thumbnail image of the first page?
eurotainer
Contributor

I’m asking a same preview as old Autodesk DM web access.

When I click in the PDF icon, it’s opening it in a new tab. And not downloading it in our “Download” document in Windows.

to avoid this all the time if it's not the good pdf :

Capture.JPG

aguitton116
Advocate

I agree, it would be great to have the pdf opening directly in the browser instead of downloading it (of course you need to have the pdf reader addin in your browser if you want this function to work).

dvsmiller9
Advocate

Also need this for the Office and ZIP files.  Users should not have to download the file (nor do I want them to be able to) to view a Word, Excel or Powerpoint file.  You should be able to preview ALL the file types directly in the browser that are supported for viewing in the thick client.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Implemented in Vault 2016.

gatalon
Explorer

Is this idea come true in Vault 2016? Seems not work for me.

ChrisAtherton
Advocate

Hi Autodesk,  can you  confirm that this is in 2016 and 2017?  I've tried and can seem to see this working at all?

ihayesjr
Community Manager

I have verified that in Vault 2016 and 2017 this is working.  Make sure that you have Adobe Reader installed so that the Adobe Reader browser extension is installed in your browser.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report