Vault IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team
24 Kudos

Need a "Restore Version 'n' to 'Latest' Version" Function

by Distinguished Contributor obourne on ‎07-25-2012 08:53 AM

In Vault Explorer I want to be able to select an older version of a file in the preview pane or the grid and "restore" it to the latest version. If it's an assembly I would need the option of choosing only the assy file OR choosing associated sub-files. This will allow me to roll-back a design file to a previous design state.

This is important because it will allow me to more easily explore design studies and "roll-back" to a preferred design.

Currently we can use a label but a label applies to an entire folder rather than just one or more files. This would almost certainly cause me to unintentioanlly change other engineers' files.

Comments
By: Distinguished Contributor obourne | Posted ‎08-02-2012 09:43 AM

Just to clarify, I know there is a work around but it is convoluted and confuses most users.

By: Board Manager | Posted ‎09-20-2012 10:01 AM
Status changed to: Under Review

By: mark.wigan | Posted ‎07-30-2014 11:24 PM

hello, just checking in to see if anyone has sorted this yet. we have been waiting for a while now...

By: Distinguished Contributor tmoney2007 | Posted ‎10-09-2014 12:06 PM

The way that I've found isn't that bad (for inventor at least).

Open the previous version from the client with it still checked out. Check out the file, making sure to say no to anything that asks about refreshing the file, then check it back in.  

This should be as simple as a button though.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Top Kudoed Authors