Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item BOM Property Filter removed from 2015?!

Item BOM Property Filter removed from 2015?!

In Vault Professional 2013, we could filter Item BOM rows using the column header filter:

2013 Filter.jpg

In Vault Professional 2015, someone has decided to completely remove this.  Why?? This is counter productive and I can't imagine anyone would ask for something useful and harmless to be removed.  Please reinstate this functionality ASAP.  I know the filter is available for standard system properties, but this is a custom UDP.  I'm also aware of the 'Group By' function but this was more convenient and user friendly.

2015 Filter.jpg

8 Comments
tpascual
Contributor

Hi Sirs,

Is this a bug?

Thanks,

achintam
Autodesk

Hi Neil,

It was found out that the new Row Type filter that we introduced in Vault Professional 2015 was interfering with the column filter thereby producing incorrect results. So we had to disable the column filter as the risk of fixing the issue was high at the time (close to release time) the issue was found. We are working on re-enabling the column filter in a future release.

Thanks for reporting.

Regards

Anil Chintamaneni

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

Neil_Cross
Mentor

A future service pack would be preferable Smiley Very Happy 

Thanks for the honest feedback, much appreciated.

masureb
Autodesk

in 2015 R2 it's not yet implemented. Which release are we speaking about? 2016?

Thanks for your collaboration.
-Bertrand

YounesYammouri
Community Manager

The product development team is considering the feedback of the community and have implemented some of this feedback in the development pipeline. You are encouraged to join the Autodesk Vault beta program to get a view into what’s being implemented. We appreciate your feedback.

Thanks 

Younes Yammouri

Autodesk Vault Product Manager

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This Request is implemented in Autodesk Vault Professional 2016. You have now the ability to use Column Filter in Parts Only View and First Level View. You can now also useShow Find Panel within all BOM views including Multi-level View.

Neil_Cross
Mentor

@YounesYammouri Younes, I hear and understand that this was re-enabled in 2016 however many of us are restricted to still using 2015 for many reasons.  Is this being considered for re-enablement in 2015 R1? It's a huge loss of essential functionality.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report