Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPart and iAssembly rename support

iPart and iAssembly rename support

We need to be able to rename iparts and iassemblies after they are created.  Currently when I try to do this, I get the message like "Operation failed.!  XYZ.ipt is a configuration memeber whose name is define by keys within a configuration factory".

We also need the ability to easily fix the iassemblies after the iparts are renamed.  Right now it is a nightmare to rebuild the iassemblies after the iparts are rebuilt.

4 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

tmoney2007
Collaborator

The general rule is that "Vault doesn't directly manipulate CAD files" but this should definitely be the exception.

j_spiradek
Advocate

FUTURE CONSIDERATION - How far is this future?

AttilaFarkas
Advocate

Hi guys,

I faced with this issue at our customers in the past weeks and as I see now the situation is a little bit better but also not perfect!

I can rename the iparts and the iassemblies in the Vault and it repair the dependencies also. The only problem that the Vault doesn't change the table. So if I open the renamed iparts and iassemblies in Inventor and correct the tables first to match the file names in the table to the renamed filenames then everything works fine for me. OK it should be easier!

As I see now the only problem is that the Vault can't sync the table with the new file names.

Regards,

Attila

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report