Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improvements to Job Processor/Job Server

Improvements to Job Processor/Job Server

Please redesign the Job Processor so it doesn't open and close Inventor/AutoCAD for each and every job it performs, its highly inefficient and slow as a sloth. It should only open and close Inventor if it needs to change the project file. But I assume it just uses the Vault project file set in Vault Options.

10 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
john.stewart
Autodesk

Please give the Admin the ability to define the number of Jobs that are processes by Inventor in batches e.g, 50 If Inventor is unresponsive then recycle Inventor and start a new batch. This will provide a 10x throughput. I also recommend that Users install SSD drives for the Job Processor to speed it up even faster

scottmoyse
Mentor

ditto on the license consumption!

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Mark_Wigan
Collaborator

... and please consider to add to the request

-to allow users to select which jobs are to be processed on the job processor. currently we can see the jobs but have no ability to deselect them... as far as i can tell!

gaasheim
Explorer

If you right click and customize view in job queue window, there is an option under commands that says reset to queue. How ever this command when you move it to your file line it doesn't stick. So next time you want to reset a file to queue you will have to find the command again. I think you have to be admin or almost to be aloud to perform this.

This is in vault pro.

RPdAnjou
Enthusiast

In Autodesk's previous PDM product "Productstream Pro", you can define a VBA routine in Inventor and trigger that from PSP, it will do all the stuff you need to do with a file (PDF, dwf,dxf,step) and then close it.

Also, inventor does not have to be closed between files.

So, our jobserver has Inventor and Autocad open all the time, very fast indeed!

Again Autodesk, learn from you past!

We needed it then, so we will need this now...

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: 投票募集中

mthomas
Collaborator

There needs to be better error logging which probably means some pre-checks. Right now files will fail to update for various reasons and the Job Processor reports the same error message.

For example we have found that if I file is not propery compliant then it fails to update with the Job Processor, if that's the case then the Job Processor should check for property complicance and report that it can't be processed because of that.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report