Vault IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team
62 Kudos
ihayesjr

Improvements to Job Processor/Job Server

by Board Manager on ‎06-15-2012 07:53 AM

Please redesign the Job Processor so it doesn't open and close Inventor/AutoCAD for each and every job it performs, its highly inefficient and slow as a sloth. It should only open and close Inventor if it needs to change the project file. But I assume it just uses the Vault project file set in Vault Options.

Comments
by Board Manager on ‎06-21-2012 05:45 AM
by Employee on ‎06-21-2012 07:06 AM

Please give the Admin the ability to define the number of Jobs that are processes by Inventor in batches e.g, 50 If Inventor is unresponsive then recycle Inventor and start a new batch. This will provide a 10x throughput. I also recommend that Users install SSD drives for the Job Processor to speed it up even faster

by *Expert Elite* on ‎06-25-2012 05:17 PM

ditto on the license consumption!

by Board Manager on ‎07-05-2012 11:37 AM
Status changed to: Comments Requested

by *Expert Elite* on ‎11-29-2012 05:22 AM

... and please consider to add to the request

-to allow users to select which jobs are to be processed on the job processor. currently we can see the jobs but have no ability to deselect them... as far as i can tell!

by gaasheim on ‎01-31-2013 09:05 AM

If you right click and customize view in job queue window, there is an option under commands that says reset to queue. How ever this command when you move it to your file line it doesn't stick. So next time you want to reset a file to queue you will have to find the command again. I think you have to be admin or almost to be aloud to perform this.

This is in vault pro.

by Contributor RPdAnjou on ‎03-27-2013 12:24 AM

In Autodesk's previous PDM product "Productstream Pro", you can define a VBA routine in Inventor and trigger that from PSP, it will do all the stuff you need to do with a file (PDF, dwf,dxf,step) and then close it.

Also, inventor does not have to be closed between files.

So, our jobserver has Inventor and Autocad open all the time, very fast indeed!

Again Autodesk, learn from you past!

We needed it then, so we will need this now...

by Board Manager on ‎04-17-2013 01:30 PM
Status changed to: Duplicate

by *Expert Elite* on ‎09-04-2013 06:05 AM

There needs to be better error logging which probably means some pre-checks. Right now files will fail to update for various reasons and the Job Processor reports the same error message.

For example we have found that if I file is not propery compliant then it fails to update with the Job Processor, if that's the case then the Job Processor should check for property complicance and report that it can't be processed because of that.

by Board Manager on ‎03-24-2014 01:43 PM
Status changed to: Implemented

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
IdeaStation Guidelines
Review guidelines and best practices
before posting a new idea
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count