As it currently stands it is not possible to delete users and groups within Autodesk Vault.
This is a problem. I understand Autodesk's stance on that the users need to be retained for historical reasons, however the management side of things needs to be improved.
For example I created a group and users that were never used. Why can't I delete them? Objects that were never used should be allowed to be deleted. Also as the database grows and users are hired and terminated, the list will grow to an unmanageable mess.
What has happened to me is that I am in the middle of implementing Vault for my company. When I first set it up I created users. However, since then we have switched to a Domain and have now imported the Domain users and groups to use. Now I have groups and users that have never been used that I have no way of deleting or using for anything else.
I have found blogs and forum posts suggesting that users be diabled and renamed so that they are sorted appropriately. This is a hack solution at best and not a real solution to the problem.
As I see it two things need to happen:
1. Unused users and groups need to be allowed to be deleted.
2. There needs to be additional options and sorting methods for used users and groups that are no longer active. ie. Once they are disabled they are moved to a different list and only retained for historical purposes.
The Vault search text box displays "Search Projects" or "Search Vault Explorer ($)" - often when clicking in the search text box the default text is not cleared and what ever is typed is added to the default text. The result is that the search is not done correctly.
This behaviour is shown in the attached screen shot.
According to Autodesk Customer Support this behaviour has existed for several releases of the Vault.
I would like the search box default text to clear when clicking in the box to enter data.
My understanding is that Vault currently uses a client local version of MS Reporting Services to render reports in the Vault client. I would like to see support for the server version of Reporting services. This way I could write companywide dashboard reports. I would also be able to link Vault data to ERP system data. We should have a way to use Vault API calls when developing SSRS reports. If there is currently a way to do this I would like to know.
the goal is to run the job processor on many files that are spread accross several replicated servers.
the hurdle is that if you have the job processor logged into one server and it attempts to process a file that is currently owned by a different server, the task cannot be completed successfully. "error"...
we need to be able to allow for this in the job processor settings, whether it is to simply choose
1. "skip file that is not owned by your server", or
2. "run jobs on tasks with preference to one server over another". the job processor would be able to batch together a few hundred jobs for example, to complete on the local replicated server, then reboot itself (or log out and log into a different server) to run a few hundred files that are owned by the other server(s).
3. allow the job processor to run on files regardless of whether they are owned by another server, or
4. allow the option to choose: "if files are owned by a different server, then just run (several topions may be available here).
there may be easier ways to manage this but the job processor is going to be of much more use with some enhancement. (to be read in consideration with the several other requests for job processor improvements currently on the ideas station and discussion forumns).
Allow Vault installation/configuration to connect to an Instance not named AUTODESKVAULT
We have several separate vault servers (Professional) all connected to remate databases on an SQL cluster. The SQL people claim that they can only have one single instance called AUTODESKVAULT in their complete environment AND that instance names MUST follow their naming conventions
Actually, vault is the only software that I know of that requires a specific instance name