Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Go to File in Vault Explorer" from the right click menu in Inventor.

"Go to File in Vault Explorer" from the right click menu in Inventor.

At my point, it miss the ability to go from the software file directly to the same file in the vault explorer.

It would be perfect to be able to right click in the navigator/explorator of the software where we are working right now to directly have the vault explorer open and the same file selected. Or, at least, visible.

You can actually open a file from vault but not the other way.

Regards 

Francis

11 Comments
obourne
Advocate

There really needs to be a better way to acces a file in the Vault from within Inventor. In the Vault browser I can see the file status, effect lifecycle states, check out etc but I can't RMC>"go to file" in the Vault. For that I have to leave the CAD app., go to Vault Explorer, and go looking for the file using various search methods. This is very inefficient.

My thought is that the Vault browser is aware of file status (et al) it aught to be able to take me to that vey file in the Vault without any searching on my end.

I've wanted this since Vault 4............

gradcliffe
Advocate

I've been wanting this (and asking Autodesk for it) for several years.  If Vault's behavior of handling hyperlinks was corrected, I'd think this feature would be an easy addition to the CAD addins.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

karthur1
Mentor

Great idea.  Needs to go both ways.

tmoney2007
Collaborator

Treating the hyperlinks differently would be really helpful for my implementation too.  They should be a static link to the file, and select the revision/version based on role/group.

This would also be great for creating reference documents.

RPdAnjou
Enthusiast

Great Idea!

Again autodesk, learn from you past!

This is a standard feature in your dead PDM product "Productstream Pro".

dloew83
Enthusiast

Hello,

i have not found this idea, so i willwrite it here.

i wish, that i can go from the the Inventor Browser Kontext (Not Vaultbrowser in CAD) go to the folder in my open Vault client.

19-11-_2014_09-06-31.jpg

Tags (1)
karthur1
Mentor

I think what you are asking for has already been submitted here.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/vault-ideastation/quot-go-to-file-in-vault-explorer-quot-from-the-righ...

RasmusBredal
Advocate

The ide from @dloew83 is great!

Only active on files that has been check in to vault. 

Go direkte to file in Vaulft folde and select it. 

Also possible to use on selected occurrence in a assembly.

GoToVaultFolder.png 

GoToVaultFolder2.png

YounesYammouri
Community Manager

The product development team is considering the feedback of the community and have implemented some of this feedback in the development pipeline. You are encouraged to join the Autodesk Vault beta program to get a view into what’s being implemented. We appreciate your feedback.

Thanks 

Younes Yammouri

Autodesk Vault Product Manager

YounesYammouri
Community Manager
Status changed to: Implemented

This request has been implemented with Autodesk Vault Workgroup and Professional 2018. Check Out the Autodesk Vault 2018 help:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/VAULT/2018/ENU/?guid=GUID-03A0EBD2-F8A2-4191-9EC2-B0108F970E97

Younes Yammouri

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report