Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email reminder for checked out files

Email reminder for checked out files

I found this post on the forum:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Vault-General/Wish-Email-reminder-for-checked-out-files/m-p/4585019#M5...

that was back in 2008, and as far as I know there is still nothing like this available. I think it would really help manage vault files.

Thomas.Rambach

wrote:

"I think it would be useful if PS would email users if they have a checked out file in Vault that has been checked out for more than X number of days/weeks etc without any activity (new checkin). I've found some people purposely or accidentally checkout a file and forget about it.
I tried having them create a saved search, but it needs to be more of a "in the face" reminder.

It could also be a popup when you login that says something like... "you have X number of files that have been checked out for X number of days, would you like to checkin the files now?" Granted this may be tougher since you will have to use Inventor to do the actual checkin."

thanks,

8 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, what a great idea. Smiley Wink

krystianwiatr
Enthusiast

Thomas,

I hope you don't mind me reposting this to idea station. Maybe, this time they will consider this in the next release.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

tahdesign1
Collaborator

One thing I would like to see added to this is for the email to not only state the files that are checked out but also the workstation that they are on.

We work in a Cad Lab style of environment and the email should direct the user as to where they need to check this file in from.

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Dantevw1
Advocate

@Autodesk Any status update on this idea, as it has now been 3 years since this post, and 8 years since the post he is reffering to ?

albertuan
Enthusiast

It cannot be onought to send a report each friday ?

In report what user have done: new, modified, and still ckecked-out !

dpeters2
Enthusiast

I propose a nag box when you exit the Vault client - "You have files checked out.  Options: 1) cancel logout and return to Vault, 2) log out anyway"  Of course this nag box would not appear if you didn't have anything checked out.

I manually do a saved search every time prior to logging out, to make sure I've checked everything in.  Many users, as noted, do not, even if asked to.  Why make the CAD manager responsible for hounding people when it's a perfectly straightforward automated task for software to handle?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report