Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete working copies of files not open

Delete working copies of files not open

We work on several assemblies at a time (simular changes to each). When we are done with one and check it into Vault, the files are not deleted because one or more parts in the file, is open in another assembly. Therefore, no files are deleted. Because of this, our hard drives get full of files that may become out of date by someone else making a change later. Now we have the problem of over writing someone elses revisions.

Let Vault delete all files that are not open on check-in.

5 Comments
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted
The Check-in option has the option to delete the local copy. If you check in the assembly and the children at the same time, all files are deleted from your hard drive.
rsnider
Participant

As I mentioned in the original post, it will not delete any files, if one of them is open in another assembly. This is where the problem lies.

Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Thanks for sharing your Idea. We use this forum to guide product development and help users in the best way we can, based on voting. We occasionally merge Ideas or archive old ones to keep the forum working properly - it ensures there is room for people to review new Ideas and that the most relevant and meaningful ones can gain votes. We’re archiving this Idea because it's been on the board for well over 2 years and hasn't received many votes from the community. If you want to raise it again and try to gain more support, you're welcome to do so. We’ve found that pictures and mock-ups can help get concepts across and win more votes from other users. If you have questions or see a connection between this Idea and others, let us know - Vault Product Team.
Senthil_Kumar
Autodesk
Status changed to: Archived

n.schotten
Advocate

Late to this post but i find it frustrating too that IV won't close and delete all possible files.

I often find i need to close down all my work just to open another assembly to show something to a colegue or refresh a shared view, just beqause it won't let the system check-in and delete. Something that gets even worse if you don't check the files out as then there is zero options to delete the local files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report