Community
Vault Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Vault Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Vault topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create and manage users; Assign newly created user to default group.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
454 Views, 3 Replies

Create and manage users; Assign newly created user to default group.

When automatically creating new user accounts, it would be nice to have them set to a default Group such as a "View Only" group. This would virtually eliminate the number of requests to the Vault Administrator needed to set up each user account. (For me at least...)

AssignUserToGroup.jpg

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

We created groups in active directory  which determin the role of the users. Groups like NL_VIEW and UK_VIEW are created for the viewers of The Netherlands and The united Kingdom, NL_DESIGNERS and UK_DESIGNERS are used by the engineers who use avult to checkin/checkout their files. The local adminstrators add the users to these group. Me, as a CAD manager, do not have to manage these users, it is all done by the local admins of the different countries. Of course when a new country joins the Vault famaily, I have to create a new set of groups in Vault. (<country_name>_VIEW and <country_name>_DESIGNERS)

Message 3 of 4
ihayesjr

If you are using Active Directory groups and users, this is already done. A new user that is in a domain group that has already been added to Vault will get an automatically created vault user account with the appropriate group and permissions.

Irvin Hayes Jr
Sr. Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Vault - Under the Hood Blog
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I would even more appreciate the possibility to import csv files with user lists and group definitions (like it is possible for other PDM Systems). Best regards Erik

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report