Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Design with Auto File Numbering

Copy Design with Auto File Numbering

When i use "Copy Design" i always need to use the second Command rename with "numbering scheme".

Can you change the Copy Design Dialog with build in Auto File Numbering. So i can  do it all with one Command. 

12 Comments
theo.bot
Advocate
I had the Same idea, why do we need two steps instead of one. I support this idea!
ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Under Review
mziegler, Thanks for submitting this idea. Our product team will be reviewing this idea.
obourne
Advocate

I would also suggest that we need a more robust a flexible way to redirect the copied files to new folders as well. The current method requires us to slect every files individually. I want to **** select a groupo of files and direct them to a particular folder.

bschupbach
Contributor
I agree. This is one of the top items on my wishlist for the copy design tool. It's a great tool but there are some rather obvious holes.
jamest
Contributor

good idea, also expose properties, in this dialog as well as edit them in the same step. right now is is as follows

1. copy design

2. rename file

3. edit properties

JT

Fully agree with jamest.

copy and renaming operation hould be merged with possibility to select for each a new name compliant to the different naming schemes.

XD

lars_rasmussen
Participant

hi,

We are about to go to Collaboration, Just tested this and it's still the same.. Any news on this post ??

/Lars Rasmussen

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

c_stulz
Advocate

I (and many of my costumers) allthough want to rename with autonumbering during the "copy design" prozess. Editing the properties like jamest told is allthough very good.

Additional i whish to be able to customize the view at "copy design". In the moment i can not show additional rows with additional informations.

regards

Christoph

bverboort
Advocate

Another thought process here...

Copy Design should accomodate Change Category

This would really help as this can control Rename (via category Naming Scheme), Assign appropriate revision scheme and adjust property fields impacting property compliance... susequently Edit Properties would be of utmost importance too...

Think I'll break this off into another New Idea...

Best,

Brian

Mark_Wigan
Collaborator

bump -

... devs do you have enough comments yet?

olearya
Alumni
Status changed to: Implemented

Auto Numbering implemented in 2015 R2 version of Copy Design

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report