Vault IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team
98 Kudos
mziegler

Copy Design with Auto File Numbering

by mziegler on ‎06-20-2012 02:49 AM

When i use "Copy Design" i always need to use the second Command rename with "numbering scheme".

Can you change the Copy Design Dialog with build in Auto File Numbering. So i can  do it all with one Command. 

Auto Numbering implemented in 2015 R2 version of Copy Design

Comments
by Valued Contributor theo.bot ‎07-02-2012 11:09 AM - edited ‎07-02-2012 11:10 AM
I had the Same idea, why do we need two steps instead of one. I support this idea!
by Board Manager on ‎07-16-2012 08:36 AM
Status changed to: Under Review
mziegler, Thanks for submitting this idea. Our product team will be reviewing this idea.
by Distinguished Contributor obourne on ‎08-02-2012 09:46 AM

I would also suggest that we need a more robust a flexible way to redirect the copied files to new folders as well. The current method requires us to slect every files individually. I want to **** select a groupo of files and direct them to a particular folder.

by Contributor bschupbach on ‎09-04-2012 01:44 PM
I agree. This is one of the top items on my wishlist for the copy design tool. It's a great tool but there are some rather obvious holes.
by jamest on ‎09-27-2012 10:45 PM

good idea, also expose properties, in this dialog as well as edit them in the same step. right now is is as follows

1. copy design

2. rename file

3. edit properties

JT

by XavierDestree2076 on ‎02-25-2013 01:28 PM

Fully agree with jamest.

copy and renaming operation hould be merged with possibility to select for each a new name compliant to the different naming schemes.

XD

by lars.rasmussen on ‎03-05-2013 03:36 AM

hi,

We are about to go to Collaboration, Just tested this and it's still the same.. Any news on this post ??

/Lars Rasmussen

by Board Manager on ‎04-12-2013 06:33 AM
Status changed to: Comments Requested

by c.stulz on ‎10-31-2013 04:13 AM

I (and many of my costumers) allthough want to rename with autonumbering during the "copy design" prozess. Editing the properties like jamest told is allthough very good.

Additional i whish to be able to customize the view at "copy design". In the moment i can not show additional rows with additional informations.

regards

Christoph

by Contributor bverboort on ‎11-25-2013 05:58 PM

Another thought process here...

Copy Design should accomodate Change Category

This would really help as this can control Rename (via category Naming Scheme), Assign appropriate revision scheme and adjust property fields impacting property compliance... susequently Edit Properties would be of utmost importance too...

Think I'll break this off into another New Idea...

Best,

Brian

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Top Kudoed Authors