Vault IdeaStation
Share your wish list directly with the Autodesk Vault Development Team
3 Kudos
BirdRider

Copy and Replace for Copy Design Vault

by BirdRider on ‎02-01-2013 08:13 AM

Vault copy design desperately needs a copy and replace function built in. I'm working with a very large assembly (1,000 or so different parts) and I have to rename each component manually. There is a feature to add Prefix and Suffix but there is no feature to remove the previous prefix or suffix.  Furthermore, I spent 4+ hours renaming every part only to have the copy design fail.  There should be some way to save the copy design before executing.  A simple find and replace feature would save me hours and hours. 

Find Replace is something already in the product - 2015 R2 also has this functionality in addition to auto file numbering.

We are additionally looking at how to save copy design configurations to address issues with execution and reuse.

Comments
by *Expert Elite* on ‎02-14-2013 09:41 AM

You already CAN do a find and replace on file names and paths, in copy design.  And it saves TONS of time.cnr.JPG

by Board Manager on ‎04-12-2013 06:31 AM
Status changed to: Comments Requested

by Employee on ‎09-09-2014 10:28 AM
Status changed to: Solution Provided

Find Replace is something already in the product - 2015 R2 also has this functionality in addition to auto file numbering.

We are additionally looking at how to save copy design configurations to address issues with execution and reuse.

Submit Your Ideas

Share and shape product ideas.

New Idea
You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Top Kudoed Authors