Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controls to process visualisation files (DWF's) on certain file types only

Controls to process visualisation files (DWF's) on certain file types only

I would like to have controls over the types of files that the Job Processor creates visualisation files for (DWF's).

I use the CC for about 50% of the parts in an assy and I have the visualisation files created on Lifecycle change to Released. I don't need visualisation files (DWF) to be generated for Bolted Connections, placed Content Centre files (standard or custom), Frame Generator files and such. I have no need to see DWF's of these or to supply them to another user. And the assy DWF file doesn't need the child DWF's either. It's just clogging up an already taxed Job Processor machine.

9 Comments
tmoney2007
Collaborator

Being able to set criteria in the lifecycle event editor would be freaking awesome!!!

i.e. On Lifecycle transition WIP-Review

IF Property-X=Yes

Or something to that effect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Our JobQueue have just got over-spammed with Create.DWF jobs of non-CAD files (PDFs, Inventor FEA files etc).

It is almost unbelivable but Vault allows to initiate such silly things. I guess those jobs will never disapear from queue on its own.

As soon as I'm admin it is not big deal for me to delete jobs but i'd rather Vault had some minimal fool-proof regarding this.

Please!

ryan
Collaborator

Backup the existing JobProcessor.exe.config file and then open in notepad.  Take one of the existing jobHandler lines that perform a sync properties and copy/paste changing only the extension;

<!-- Other extension SyncProperties handlers (added by Ryan Small 9/11/2013) -->
      <jobHandler class="Autodesk.Vault.SyncProperties.pdf" handler="Connectivity.Explorer.JobHandler.SyncProperties.ExtHandlerSyncPropertiesJobHandler, Connectivity.Explorer.JobHandlerSyncProperties" />
      <jobHandler class="Autodesk.Vault.SyncProperties.txt" handler="Connectivity.Explorer.JobHandler.SyncProperties.ExtHandlerSyncPropertiesJobHandler, Connectivity.Explorer.JobHandlerSyncProperties" />
      <jobHandler class="Autodesk.Vault.SyncProperties.stp" handler="Connectivity.Explorer.JobHandler.SyncProperties.ExtHandlerSyncPropertiesJobHandler, Connectivity.Explorer.JobHandlerSyncProperties" />

Now, these file types (pdf, txt, stp in my example) will be pulled off the Job Queue and processed by Job Processor - file version will not increment since there is nothing to do but at least file won't clutter up your queue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for attempt to hel but I don't think such things is worth to workaround with black-list technology. I'd rather say white-list technology would be more suitable in this case. I just can't list all ever existing extensions ...

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Accepted

catot
Advocate

I agree. For our buisness, the only need is to create Visualization Attachments (DWF's) of .IDW drawing-files. These DWF's are the ones we send.

bverboort
Advocate

Frame Generator errors are out of control!!!

ihayesjr
Community Manager
Status changed to: Future Consideration

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Autodesk Design & Make Report